Monday, April 11, 2011

Bird Brain

We are having lots of fun watching the grass turn green, seeing the flowers begin to bloom and hearing the robins sing.
Well, most of the robins. We've got one here that is just a bit crazy.

It began about two weeks ago when I began to hear this thumping noise about every 30 seconds.
The house was still and all you could hear was this steady thud. So, of course, I had to go and investigate.

What I came upon was a robin running into our front window about every thirty seconds.
At first I was worried about the silly thing- I mean who wants a bird to kill itself running into their window?

The Princess was at home with me and together we tried scaring it away-which worked for a couple of minutes but then the crazy thing was back.
So then I hung a towel up over the window, thinking perhaps it could see it's reflection and thought if was fending another bird off.
Didn't work.

At this point (several hours in) I no longer felt sorry for the silly thing but annoyed.

He was beginning to freak the Princess out and the constant thumping was driving me crazy.

The boys immediately spotted and heard him when they got home from school, and they tried scaring him away as well, no luck.

In fact, the silly thing is still there, perched on the tree outside the front window. He doesn't thump as consistently now, but several times a day he comes flying as hard as he can at the window and know what he finds?? The window is still there!

But, as crazy as he's made all of us, he's gotten me thinking as well.

How am I any different?

I often find myself doing the same thing over and over again. The result never changes. I'm still not allowed in-nor should I be.

The same situations over and over again, you'd think a girl would learn her lesson.
And sometimes I do, then for whatever reason, I'll dive head long into the same mess.

In the New Testament the Apostle Paul talks about doing the things he doesn't want to and not doing what he should. (LFA12 version)
I've got to say there is some comfort in that-knowing I'm not the only one.

So, what is this crazy bird brained girl to do?

Shake my feathers, spread my wings and head the other way!
Pull up and turn when I see myself heading toward the same glass window, before I thud.

Maybe I'm the only one who struggles with falling into the same patterns and finding myself doing the same things over and over again.
Maybe, but I doubt it.
So, if you happen to find yourself in the same pattern of disobedience, doubt, self-loathing, anger, discontentment -whatever wall you're running into over and over again.
I'm praying for you today.
Praying that you can live in victory!
That you can fly away from the wall and into the freedom God has planned for us!

It's a clear blue sky, let' soar together !

2 comments:

Eddie Buford said...

Reminder of an earlier post of mine: “Now, if faith is the gaze of the hert at God, and if this gaze is but the raising of the inward eyes to meet the all-seeing eyes of God, then it follows that it is one of the easiest things possible to do. It would be like God to make the most vital thing easy and place it within the range of possibility for the weakest and poorest of us.” A.W. Tozer

Having our eyes fixed on the Lord will keep us from continually flying our heads into a brink wall.

Great Blog:)

Angie said...

Thanks!!
Love that quote by Tozer!

Have a great day!

Post a Comment